Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: OT: my website
#91912 04/26/05 12:48 AM
axiomite
axiomite
So spiff, what was your take on the Daredevil movie?
I thought it was rather shallow.
I also wasn't keen on the changes to Spiderman. What's wrong with a radioactive spider? Radiation can do many neat things to the body. I don't think they really needed to have it changed to something more modern and 'in the news' like genetic modification.
And the bio web shooters instead of the mechanical devices he made?
I was just upset.
Don't get me started on Xmen 1. Great casting though, but Hugh Jackman is a bit tall for the Wolverine part. Gotta love Patrick Stewart.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
#91913 04/26/05 04:59 AM
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
I was severely disapointed in the DD movie. The biggest problem was 1) they tried cramming too many classic storylines into one film. and 2) the director sucked. Everytime he had a chance to go too far with a scene or idea he did. Subtlety isn't in his directorial vocabulary. (Though I have to admit the new "directors cut" dvd is a bit better...still not great though.)

Loved X-Men, and enjoyed X2 even more. Not perfect, but very well done "comic" movies.

Same with the Spidey movies. The organic webs was a bit much though...if they were going to go that route, shouldn't the webbing have come out his backside?

Sin City is amazing. Perhaps the best comic adaptation I've seen yet. They literally brought the comics to life. Extremely well done.

I've been hearing good things about the upcoming FF movie...we'll have to wait and see. (I'm not a FF fan though)

What little I've seen of Batman Begins has me on the fence. The "look" is great, but I'm a little frightened of some of the stupid one-liners I've been hearing.

#91914 04/26/05 05:25 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Gimme Tim Burton Batman movies over the 60's TV camp crap that they've been doing for the last thousand movies. Man, even the 60's comic books weren't that bad. Actually, some were pretty good...

I haven't seen any trailers for Batman Begins, but I can hope...

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 740 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup