Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Any sports fans here?
#98683 06/15/05 04:53 AM
veteran
veteran
NFL (Rams), NHL (Flyers) ...Congrats to the Phantoms!! and Patrick Sharp, a good ol' Thunder Bay kid!!...

Also Boxing (but NOT the heavyweights right now )

Don't ask me why those teams.... I've been cheering for both since I was a kid. Maybe it was the intimidating names... Fearsome Foursome of the L.A. Rams (now ST.Louis)and The Broadstreet Bullies of Philly really cranked me up when I was 6 years old!

I'll play just about any sport as long as there's a cold one at the end.....

#98684 06/15/05 05:01 AM
TNTguy Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
Cool. Good to see I am not alone here. With the NBA seemingly headed for lockout land, the NHL needs to get its act together on this opportunity if the NBA lock out is for an extended period of time.

Meanwhile my Philadelphia Eagles are shaking their collective heads with TO's yearly "nobody respects me so I must tear apart this team" bit and its old already. Freaking TO.

And Phil Jackson back as the Lakers new coach?

#98685 06/15/05 05:10 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
In reply to:

Meanwhile my Philadelphia Eagles are shaking their collective heads with TO's yearly "nobody respects me so I must tear apart this team" bit and its old already. Freaking TO.

I was glad to see him leave my niners. Thanks for taking him off my hands. They should leave him on the bench for a year like Chucky did to "give me the damn ball" Keyshawn Johnson.

*Michael*
AV123 Refugee - X-LS Encore, X-Voce, X-Omnis, Elt-Dpa's
Denon AVR-591
Magnavox NB500MGX BDP

#98686 06/15/05 06:43 AM
TNTguy Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
I knew TO would implode, it comes with the territory. I just hoped it wouldn't be this soon.

The Niners have a very storied franchise albeit seeing some tough times as of late. I loved watching them in the Montana-Young days.

A funny story about Steve Young. I have watched Young play ever since I was a little kid and he played at BYU back in his collegiate days. Back in '83 I attended the USU-BYU game in Logan. I was 10 years old at the time. BYU actually had a rare loss to USU in that game on a rain soaked saturday afternoon. It was my dream to meet the guy as he was one of my boyhood heroes. So after the game, I ran onto that field of literal giants hoping to meet the guy. I looked all over the field trying to find him but never did. But I have followed his career closely ever since. Fast forward 20 years. I finally met him at a function a couple of years ago. We chatted for a few minutes and I told him that exact same story. He laughed and you could see how competitive he is when he also noted how annoyed he is even now after 20 years that they lost that game . A really nice and approachable guy.

Hopefully Alex Smith can help the Niners back to their winning ways.

#98687 06/15/05 04:36 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I'm a big UCLA fan. Especially football. Especially when they beat over-rated teams from the east, south, and midwest.
I was a Laker fan since 1980 or so, but didn't watch a single game this year. I am severely disappointed that a stable, successful organization like the Lakers would cave to the selfish demands of a single player. That is what rinky-dink teams do. Apparently, Buss has seen his error and is trying to rectify it by bringing back Phil Jackson. Now he just needs to finish the job by trading Kobe.
I hate me-first selfish athletes. TEAM - Together Everyone Achieves More.

#98688 06/15/05 04:40 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Wow!
What an interesting thread. I never even heard of Disc Golf. Is this something new or has it been around awhile? Is this just a Texas thing? I mean I have heard you Texans like to do things in a BIG way but... ;>)
I like Tennis, Soccer, Baseball (Braves and Yankees) and Football (UGA & Jets) in that order. More into college football than pro. I play tennis so I like that the best.
oz

"Life is what happens while your busy making other plans" John Lennon
#98689 06/15/05 05:18 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
i am not real sure how long disc golf has been around.. i imagine it has been an underground thing for a long time, but has just really started to catch on here in the last 5-7 years or so. its obviously a non-traditional sport, so most people are less likely to know about it, much less even try it.. but, its a cool sport cause you dont have to be especially athletic to be good at it. and, you get good exercise just walking the course. and its not just a texas thing, they play it EVERYWHERE!!

PDGA is the official disc golf website.

you can also get great tips on technique, and how to throw at THIS website.

and if you are interested in buying some discs, INNOVA has some of the better discs avail. there is a sales locater avail at that site.

depending on where you live, there could be several courses in your area, and you are just not aware of them. you should check out the sport, its highly entertaining.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#98690 06/15/05 06:12 PM
S
veteran
veteran
S
I am a huge sports fan. MLB (Cubs), NFL (Colts), NBA (Pacers), College BB (IU), and college football (Notre Dame). I also love high school sports. I try not to miss any football, basketball (mens and womens), or baseball games involving my local high school.

Most of all I enjo watching my 12 year old daughter play. She plays basketball, soccer, softball and volleyball. Not to brag, but she is one heck of a basketball player. Her 4th grade AAU team were National Champions and her 5th and 6th grade teams lost 1 game in 2 years. She was asked by the varisty coach at our high school to play with the 7th grade AAU team, her being a 6th grader. She is away at basketball camp right now, so I miss her. She gets home tomorrow and then we head for camp at the University of Tennessee. I guess you can tell I am very proud of her.

I enjoy playing basketball, volleyball, softball and golf. I play as much as I can, but with my daughter I do not have a lot of extra time. ]

Heck, I barely have enough time to enjoy my HT.

Scott

#98691 06/15/05 06:13 PM
aficionado
aficionado
PE classes here in Calif have been playing it for many years, I think.

#98692 06/15/05 06:36 PM
aficionado
aficionado
TNTguy - I am a big soccer fan and you are correct that attending a World Cup match is truly an event not to be missed. I was able to attend a match in 1994 World Cup between Germany and South Korea that was held in Dallas. The atmosphere was electric! I also attended a match two years ago between the U.S. and Mexico in Houston. While the match was a friendly, there were still 69,000 screaming fans in Reliant Stadium. If you get a chance to see any international soccer match, I strongly recommend it.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (Kevin1), 352 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup