Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Any sports fans here?
#98673 06/14/05 08:48 PM
TNTguy Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
I see alot of discussion about everything under the sun but not as much about sports. Any sports fans here?

I am a huge NFL, NBA, and college football fan. I like college basketball and MLB, but not quite as much as my big 3. I have seen alot of sports in person but two big ones still remain for me. An NFL game and a World Cup Soccer game. First one will hopefully happen soon but I don't know about the latter one. I hear World Cup games are truly an experience.

Re: Any sports fans here?
#98674 06/14/05 09:09 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
i am a big sports fan. mainly football, but i have to have something to fill the time during the off-season. NASCAR fills the void during the summer, cause i dont watch NBA til the playoffs(GO SPURS), and i honeslty cant stand baseball. its OK if you are at the park, but i just CANT watch it on TV. so, i am just not a big fan of it.

we go to see at least 1 or 2 cowboys games a year. and i go to a high school footall game pretty much every friday night during the fall. and if my hometown team is out of town, i will find some other local game to go to. i thinik, at that level, thats as pure and raw of football you will see. by the time they get to college and pros, most players have 'agendas'. in high school, they play cause they want to.. i like that..

i dont know if i would consider fishing a sport, but i do lots of that. and we shoot blackbirds off the top of fence posts with pellet guns at my friends house at the lake. i know that might seem cruel, but texas black birds are the ugliest most evil bird around. plus, they run off the dove, and them is good eats.. so we figure we are just doing ourselves a favor. oh, and i like to hunt, dove mainly. i used to hunt deer a lot, but my wife dont like venison, so its hard for me to finish one up.. so, i just get meat from friends when i want some.

i also play disc golf. yes, its exactly how it sounds. just like regular golf, but you use frisbees.. and instead of holes in the ground, you have baskets above ground that the discs have to land in. its easy and cheap, and tons of fun. you should try it someday.

i think thats it..

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#98675 06/14/05 09:12 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I'm off to play a round of disc right now.

LIFE IS SHORT.
DON'T BE A DICK.
#98676 06/14/05 09:24 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
LUCKY!!

i was supposed to go when i got off, but a friend called and needs me to help him move into his newly refurbished house this afternoon. so, looks like i wont get to play til tomorrow.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#98677 06/14/05 11:48 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I'm watching a Cleveland Indians game right now (they're up 3-0 over the Rockies in the top of the third inning). Ya GOTTA be a real sports fan to watch Cleveland sports. HUGE Browns fan, and Ohio State Buckeyes football fan.

Much to my own surprise, I became a hockey fan about 8 years ago. Being born in Detroit, I became a Red Wings fan.

I'm a fair weather basketball fan, and when they finally put a team around LeBron James, I'll be watching the Cavaliers more than I did this season.

I enjoy watching men's and women's soccer (football to the rest of the world) when either US team is involved in International play. I don't follow any of the leagues.

And, I actually enjoy watching the America's cup sailing races. The last competition was stunning in Hi Def

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#98678 06/15/05 01:26 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Huge football (Giants)and baseball(Mets) fan nba (Nets) is tough to watch if a team i like is not doing good or in the playoffs. Mixed martial arts (ufc, pride etc) Boxing. play golf a little watch it even less. i too wonder why there is not more sports discussions around here.
Jake

------------------------------------------------
Leave the gun, Take the canolis.
#98679 06/15/05 03:09 AM
veteran
veteran
Love hockey (but I'm Canadian so that's kinda obvious), baseball of almost any variety (the Little League World Series is an event every baseball fan should see once), college hoops (can't stand the NBA, terrible rules/officiating) and most forms of auto racing. And most other sports too, but those are the main ones.

The Jays have been a great team to watch so far this year, but the hitting has gone down hill recently, and the pitching is more sketch than before. Hopefully they pull out of it and it leat make it a race this year. At least least the Yankees are losing too.

#98680 06/15/05 03:27 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I like Hockey and not much else. We all know what is up with hockey so, there isn't much to talk about right now.

#98681 06/15/05 03:52 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Soccer only!! I watch international competitions of course (World Cup and Euro) as well as English, Italian and Spanish national leagues. I have been in USA more than 3 years now, but I cannot seem to get used to American Football or, even worse, baseball. Sorry!!

Axiom M60s, QS4s, VP100 Onkyo TX-SR804 Oppo 970HD Rotel RB-1080/RCD-1072 REL Q150E sub, PS 3
#98682 06/15/05 04:36 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
In reply to:

I like Hockey and not much else. We all know what is up with hockey so, there isn't much to talk about right now.

Wow that was quick and to the point. I too am a hockey fanatic and really miss the sport. Baseball is the sport I grew up on yet hockey has really grown on me(before the lockout) the last 7 or 8 years. It also helps that my team is winning [*cough* redwings *cough*] all these years. Seriously it doesn't matter who's playing I enjoy watching a hockey game anytime.

OT: How about the wonderful world of curling as an alternative to the lockout?

*Michael*
AV123 Refugee - X-LS Encore, X-Voce, X-Omnis, Elt-Dpa's
Denon AVR-591
Magnavox NB500MGX BDP

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473