Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
factory_reset not working
#428267 01/15/18 02:19 AM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hello

I am trying to reset the Air using the USB stick instructions, by creating a file on the stick, and starting the Air with the stick inserted.

I tried 4 times, and made sure the file is named correctly (factory_reset, with no .TXT, empty document), but still the Air does not reset

The issue is that I have no internet connectivity now (house rebuild), but the Air is stuck in flashing-blue mode, not enabling the internal WiFi. I suspect is locked trying to find the old network)

Can you give me some hints how to reset it, to force the internal hotspot to be enabled? Note that also tried unplugging and plugging back the USB WiFi adapter, and boot the speaker, but same symptom

Any hint is more than appreciated.

Cheers

Re: factory_reset not working
aabouganem #428268 01/15/18 02:27 AM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I forgot to write the rest. When at the WiFi settings of the iPhone, when I go into Airplay, is when the old network name appears and it fails to connect. That why I think its stuck on the old network, and the internal hotspot not working.

Troubleshooting advice?

Thanks

aabouganem #428269 01/15/18 02:48 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Not trying to make excuses , just some ideas. Not all usb drives are created equal, make sure its formatted correctly, windows 10 does have issues formatting fat32 so download miniaide fat32 formatter if on windows.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
aabouganem #428271 01/15/18 03:37 AM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Seems that worked. Partially.
Now I can see the speaker hotspot in windows, but still not in the iphone.

In windows, I could access the WebGUI and connect the Air to a temporary network (neighbor). But then it will not appear in my phone.

Then, I reset again, and let the hotspot to go again, and the phone does not see the network, but inmediatelly recognize it as an Airplay, and when connecting to "a network" it fails.. it actually went connecting to all the networks my phone was picking up until it failed...

I will keep troubleshooting tomorrow. Thanks for the hint on the FAT32. I still have Win7 installed (yes, I know).

BTW, the Air have never flashed its red light "out of network" during this whole process, incl. the many factory resets. What could that mean?

Cheers

Last edited by aabouganem; 01/15/18 03:39 AM.
aabouganem #428272 01/15/18 03:49 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I dont have an air so i have done all i can. Call ian tomorrow he will walk you through it. Network stuff can be a real PITA. i still have a couple machines on win 7 one for WMC and the other cause i dont like M$ spying on me.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
aabouganem #428273 01/15/18 04:14 AM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
Hi aabouganem,

Booting with a USB stick installed is the same as doing a factory reset, which it seems like you already have done. After a Factory Reset your old network information will be gone. The flashing blue light means you are in Hotspot mode. You should be able to join the AxiomAir WiFi network on your computer. From there you can open a browser in either IE or Chrome and in the address bar enter 192.168.211.1 This will bring up the AxiomAir UI. Click the gear in the upper right, then Network. You should see your new home network part way down the page. Click the connect icon to the right of it, enter you network password, then click the connect icon to the right of your password. The light on the front of your AxiomAir should turn solid blue. You are now on your network. If you join your home network again on your computer, then click on Windows Explorer, then click on Network at the bottom left you should see your AxiomAir listed under Media Devices on the right. Double click on the AxiomAir and the UI will open. Now you can click the gear, then System, and then Check Updates at the bottom of the page. Give us a ring tomorrow if this doesn't work.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
aabouganem #428274 01/15/18 05:32 AM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I had to work late tonight, last minute request from work.. so here I am at 11.30p troubleshooting one more time. And last time, as the startup sound woke up wife and that is the end of the testing.

However, I managed to connect, as Ian described, which I thought I was doing before anyway, but now seems to have worked (sure there was a piece of code sent over the forum, LOL). Well, I connected the Air to the neighbor network and proceeded to check for updates. It completed the update and processed to reboot, and then stuck here. I don't want to force shutdown during installation or whatever is doing now, so will leave it on until tomorrow 6am when I wake up.

Its steady green light. No blue, no red.

Tomorrow, I will take it back to the worksite, which has no network available. My goal is to make it work with its own internal hotspot. I have used it before, no issues, not sure why I got so much trouble this time along. Granted, I had not used the speaker in over 4months (My house was flooded during the storm Harvey in Texas, so the Air, along with many things, it was packed tight in the second floor until this weekend when it was finally unpacked, and I am almost done with the home rebuild)

aabouganem #428275 01/15/18 12:30 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Next morning - green steady light still on, no changes
Air will not shut down, had to force it by keeping the button pressed until it went off.

Rebooted Air and it straight connected to my apartment neighbor network, and verified the version on the updates and its correct, it has been updated

Note: I realized that one of the "errors" I was having yesterday was that the Air will not be reachable at http://axiomair.local after connecting to a network (needing the factory reset again). The manual says also to try 192.168.211.1, and it was not working either. Last night late I noticed that the IP of the Air was 10.0.0.47, so I am assuming this might changing with each network automatic IP ?

Ill check the hotspot (no network) in the evening back at the house worksite.

Cheers

aabouganem #428283 01/15/18 11:37 PM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
I would suggest adding a / to the end, so it would be http://axiomair.local/ . In order for this to work you need to have Bonjour installed. This is in all Apple products and can be added to your PC by downloading iTunes. Alternatively you can go to Windows Explorer (File Explorer in Windows10) click on Network on the left hand side then double click on AxiomAir under Media Devices on the right hand side; this will open the UI. For Android it is easiest to download the Android App and for Apple to download the Apple App. The 192.168.211.1 IP address is only valid in Hotspot mode. Once you are connected to a network your router will assign a new IP address to your AxiomAir.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
aabouganem #428308 01/17/18 07:59 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
It went further now. I can see the axiom network from hotspot, but it never asked me to cancel/use without internet.

Some progress at least

Will that be an IOS thing not asking to use without internet ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Andrew, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters