Backer #92 and I received my unit last week.

On Android, using BubbleUPnP with the Axiom software/Volumio, etc. is just too damn buggy all around.

Using the line-in with my phone the unit sounds amazing.

I know the high fidelity music target resulted in Wi-Fi usage as the wireless connector, but honestly I cannot see anyone paying $800 for this current setup and being fully satisfied. The only hope I have for the unit, paying $555, lies in the fact that there is Raspberry Pi in there and maybe Bluetooth will be working soon.

In other words, I want to be able to power on the unit, my phone auto-connects to AA via Bluetooth, and I launch VLC or Google Music on my phone and hit play. (Yes, I already know and have a Bluetooth receiver hooked into the line-in, but would prefer a built-in solution running off of the USB ports.)

Now with regards to Bluetooth, I know audio quality is the major limiting factor. aptX HD seems to be our answer: https://www.aptx.com/aptx-hd Get it working with Pi and this unit will be great! Heck, get it working without Pi and this unit will be great.

I know aptX HD just came out earlier this year, and devices are limited, but from here on out, this should be your target. I am sure more devices will be getting aptX HD in the next 6 months to a year.

Ian, if you get AA running with aptX HD as the codec, you will have people loving this unit for $800. Hell, I would even suggest you look into teaming up (marketing wise) with LG, since the only phone that has aptX HD is the LG G5.

Justin

Last edited by jtoddv; 10/07/16 04:20 PM.