Print Thread
Rate Thread
iPeng -- I'm lovin the Penguin
#274814 10/13/09 11:56 AM
Murph Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
There that should do for some early Monday sarcastic replies.

::History, for those with the time to read.::
However, what I'm getting at is that my beloved Squuezebox was getting flaky in that it wasn't always responding to remote button presses. Turned out to be the remote. My first plan was to buy a learning remote and teach it all the codes before it stopped working altogether. My second thought was, "Hey, I should buy the new one with the LCD screen right in the remote." but then I would still want to use the other SB in another room so I'd end up buying a remote anyway. Add to that a side stream but realted fact that I was pissed at Microsoft for stating that they had no intention of rushing, if at all, to get the new Zune HD into any market but the US.

Final fact, Apple now has a 64GB iPod Touch. Finaly a non Hard-Drive player with enough memory to hold all my 5000+ songs in a slim, touch screen package and I have to admit it's browser is probably the best in small screen devices.

::To the Chase::
So, I bought a 64GB Touch. I then tried the built in compact Squeezebox template which did the job but was hard to read and more than a bit cludgy. I then paid 9 bucks at the iPod store for iPeng. An iPhone/Touch utility for controlling Squeezeboxes that had fantastic reviews.

I am SUPER happy with it. I can now...
-- See my music lists without having to squint across the room at the device screen.
-- There is zero delay after button presses. In fact, I suspect it's faster than waiting for the IR command to be relayed through the SB to my PC.
-- I can use every sort, filter, search, radio, music service...well every feature really, is available in an easy to read menu on the Touch.
-- The [Now Playing] feature has easy to use buttons and displays album art.
---------Best of all, I am no longer limited to Line of sight. I can finally change my music while sitting out on the deck or in another room.

Yes, there are other solutions. I just wanted to let people know that if you own a Squeezebox and an iPhone or Touch that you will not regret paying the 9 dollars for the iPeng app.

And Mark (excuse the grammar,) I also downloaded a free app that uses the accelerometer to create a level finder, complete with a virtual bubble. I DLed it just for fun really (free) but I did use it to hang a new picture and then measured it afterwords with a real level and it was bang on. A good way to get kicked out of a real woodworkers shop but it was kind of cool.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Re: iPeng -- I'm lovin the Penguin
Murph #274815 10/13/09 11:58 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
 Originally Posted By: Murph
There that should do for some early Monday sarcastic replies.

So you post this on a Tuesday to avoid them?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Re: iPeng -- I'm lovin the Penguin
MarkSJohnson #274816 10/13/09 12:01 PM
Murph Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Sooo, you have discovered my time machine eh??? This will have to be undone. Is there anything special that happened yesterday that you would still like to remember. I'll set the machine for a few minutes past that before I go back and.......

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 740 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup