Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Questions about creating a POLL on this forum?
#151952 11/24/06 02:59 AM
shareholder in the making
OP Offline
shareholder in the making
I noticed a few things when creating my recent POLL in the "Questions for Axiom Owners" area. Just curious if these things are normal.

1) Since I was the POLL creator, I was suprised that I had to vote, before being able to view the results? Now I have to remember to subtract my votes to get accurate stats. When setting up a POLL it asks if you want to require the person to cast their vote before seeing the results. I liked this option as they would not be influenced by other votes.

2) The forums must look at your IP Address for tracking, so you can't vote more than once. This is a good thing if you have a static IP Address, however, if your ISP does not give you the same or static IP Address each time you connect, the forum thinks your a different person. I found this out over Thanksgiving up at the inlaws. They are still on Dial UP, and everytime I tried to go into my post to see how my results were doing, I was unable to view the results until I voted each time again. This happened everytime I disconnected/reconnected to their ISP as I kept getting a different IP Address.

So I guess I'm concerned if people should take the results with a grain of salt, as I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue. Poll Stats would not be accurate if people vote over and over again.

Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

Re: Questions about creating a POLL on this forum?
SirQuack #151953 11/24/06 04:11 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Quote:

So I guess I'm concerned if people should take the results with a grain of salt, as I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue.

SQ, this was something that was figured out some time ago and yes, for the record i have stated in the past that the poll results are less than scientifically defensible. Actually they are less than defensible by any standard.
I think you should fire a whiplash complaint to Amie to make it her first priority tomorrow to fix though.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (BBIBH), 226 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup