Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Finally got a PS3!!!
#202701 03/31/08 08:24 PM
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
So I was looking into getting the Panasonic BD50 when it comes out in May (of which the wife gave me approval for last night).

Then today I saw a snippet on AVS forums which alluded to the fact that DTS HD MA internal decoding (to be passed as LPCM over HDMI) is most likely in the works (Mentioned by a DTS rep).

So I figured i would not only save $200 by going with the PS3, but I would also get a gaming system as well as a Blu-ray player. So the wife approved and I now have my first gaming system as an adult. I don't really play too many games (COD4 and Battlefront II on PC), but I just couldn't pass it up.

Guess the M80s will have to wait a little while longer.

Made on a Mac
Re: Finally got a PS3!!!
vassillios #202703 03/31/08 08:35 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Congrats! The PS3 really is a nice machine.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
vassillios #202706 03/31/08 09:29 PM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
 Originally Posted By: vassillios
So I was looking into getting the Panasonic BD50 when it comes out in May (of which the wife gave me approval for last night).

Then today I saw a snippet on AVS forums which alluded to the fact that DTS HD MA internal decoding (to be passed as LPCM over HDMI) is most likely in the works (Mentioned by a DTS rep).

So I figured i would not only save $200 by going with the PS3, but I would also get a gaming system as well as a Blu-ray player. So the wife approved and I now have my first gaming system as an adult. I don't really play too many games (COD4 and Battlefront II on PC), but I just couldn't pass it up.

Congratulations!!

Not only will it do the things you mention, but is is also quite a nice media server for getting your music, pictures, video and DVDs streamed wirelessly to your HT setup. If you don't like the idea of streaming, you can also plug a USB external HDD (or several using a USB hub) into the PS3 with your media stored there.

Search here on the Axiom board to get you started in that direction.

Ray3 #202735 04/01/08 12:48 AM
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
 Originally Posted By: Ray3
 Originally Posted By: vassillios

Congratulations!!

Not only will it do the things you mention, but is is also quite a nice media server for getting your music, pictures, video and DVDs streamed wirelessly to your HT setup. If you don't like the idea of streaming, you can also plug a USB external HDD (or several using a USB hub) into the PS3 with your media stored there.

Search here on the Axiom board to get you started in that direction.

will this work with a Mac? Can I stream from my Mac to the PS3?

Made on a Mac
vassillios #202771 04/01/08 04:48 AM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
Yep, but I didn't spend much time looking at the Mac side. Do some research on TwonkyMedia and Tversity.

Also, AVS has a dedicated PS3 forum that should get you started

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters