I think I’m going to have to send Peter a plane ticket this time…..

I’m not sure what in the hell I did this time, but my file folder for my Media Server disappeared and I’ve spent a couple hours trying to find out why without any luck….

I think I messed something up the other day when I installed a new router because that’s the only ‘change’ I’ve made. I have a wired home network, but my router was giving me troubles so I bought a new one. I went to BB and they didn’t have one single wired router to buy, so I bought a Linksys RWT160Nv2. I did not set up it up for wireless access, (although I think I will if I can figure out what I’ve screwed up so far). I used one of the ports for my eight port switch and the other three for the rest of my lan connections.

Everything ‘works’, meaning I have internet and home network access. But, when I pull up the Easylink Advisor window, I have two items that don’t have names. They just say “network device”. I think one of them is my Squeezebox receiver. No idea what the other one could be.

So anyway, before I installed the new router and ran the Lynksys set up wizard, I could go into windows explorer and navigate to the server file folders. They are no where to be found in windows explorer now. If I open up the HP Server desktop shortcut, their all there under the Network folder tree, which looks just like the regular windows explorer folder tree.

Any ideas what’s going on? I’m pretty sick of windows help windows.

I am running Vista if that is of any importance.