I need to pick up some summer wheels / tires for my truck. I usually just buy winter rims and tires and run the stock wheels in the 'non ice' months but I don’t like the wheels that came with the truck and use them for my winter tires… So it’s been a few years since I’ve had to buy rims or summer tires. Back in the day when had race cars in my driveway all the time, my default was Centerline wheels and stickiest Mikey Thompson tire I could find for the track that was still street legal. I’ve never had anything but Centerline wheels for my truck either (when I’ve bought them anyway). I have been doing some research on rims / tires and oh boy…. I’m lost. I had no idea there were so many companies making wheels. Good grief. And tires….. Same thing. Dozens..

So I ran into a kid that works at a high end customizing shop. He’s a good kid who does fantastic work. He’s trying to make some extra cash and has worked out a deal with his boss to use his bosses business to buy a bunch of rims and tires through him. I like the kid and want help him out.

Well, the wheels he has that look good to me are a brand I’ve never heard of. They are Cattivo. The model of rim is the 724 and 22” X 9.5”. They are coming with Sunny tires. Not sure what the tire model is other than they are light truck tires, 305 / 45 / 22. They’ll fit, but are they junk?? Are these wheels junk?? Only thing I can find are that they are made in China.