I just had a bit of a shock….. I did a quick search on amazon for this board game and about choked on my coffee…. Figured the stupid game might be fifty bucks or less, but it ranges anywhere from like $125 to $250!

A buddy of mine loves the Risk board game. I indulge him from time to time, usually his birth day. I'll play him a game, and he'll conquer the earth while I get drunk. He’s also a huge Hobbit / LOTR’s fan. Sometimes, disturbingly so.

The other day I was watching an episode of the Big Bang Theory, and they were playing Risk, Lord of the Rings addition. My buddy’s B-D is coming up, so I figured I’d get him one (at least I can be bored stiff playing the game on a different planet). This was suposed to be simple. Search amazon, click on the damn thing, it shows up. Done.... So much for that....

Now I’m curious. What’s the deal with this board game? Is there a particular manufacture, series or something? Or is this just supply and demand?

Figured it would be worth posting a question before I waste any more time on this, or get ripped off.