I've been looking into Viking river cruises for a couple years now. Something about taking my hotel with me while I cruise around Europe just seems like a great idea. No bags to screw around with, 4 star dinners, no permits for crossing boarders with a rental car....

I had no idea there were so many companies doing that. I thought Viking was the only one. Probably due to their North American marketing campaign. There's probably a dozen different companies though.

With the exchange rate between the US dollar and the euro, this is a good time to visit Europe.

Viking is having a two for one sale right now, through the end of March. I'm just a bit apprehensive with the Viking cruises though. They look to have an older customer base than we are, by a couple decades. Nothing wrong with that, but if the client base is elderly, the things that are offered are different than say, bungee jumping and walking tours.

If anyone has some tips or have taken one of these trips, I'd love to hear your thoughts. I have a couple days to decide whether or not to book a trip on Viking to get their sale price.