I took last week off to relax and do some sea kayaking around the Island. Unfortunately, I forgot that it was the week for the big country music festival. 5 days and nights of performers in like Keith Urban, Taylor Swift, and Lady Antebellum all about 20 minutes from my place. I gave up loading the kayak on the truck to go to some new spots as traffic was terrible. You couldn't even get gas without waiting for cars and vans full of rowdy young girls jumping around in those straw concert hats. (Ok that wasn't actually so bad.)

Luckily, I live by the water so it was all good but even my secluded beach that I usually stop on for lunch and a rest was invaded by some tourist from New Hampshire, DAMN YOU MARK!!! OK it wasn't Mark but I blame you anyways. I was lying there quiet peacefully, enjoying the sun when all of a sudden I heard a loud trampling noise. Thinking I was about to be run over by horses, I got up on my elbows and opened my eyes only to be greeted by two HUGE Newfoundlander dogs who immediately began licking my face from both sides. Good thing I love dogs because it might have scared the crap out of some people. These guys were as big and shaggy as small bears. Their owners were not as friendly and didn't seem to care that their dogs were off doing an impression of a car wash with a stranger.

I had to pretty much walk over to them to both return their dogs (after I played with them for a while) and to say hello. They didn't say much so after asking some polite questions I left them to themselves. AKA, as an Islander, it is your God given right to ask CFA's (Come from Aways) where they are from and who they are visiting, and have they found a handy liquor store yet, etc. etc...)

This week, I'm back to work but Regis and Kelly are filming here for the next two or three days so the city where I work is all abuzz too. Traffic was actually good coming in but I made sure I packed a lunch for noon as the streets are filling.

I think their 10:00am AST is live if you want to see some local stuff but unfortunately they have a cloudy, very possibly rainy looking sky for a backdrop today.

Now, back to multitasking on the axiom boards while I sit in on boring conference calls.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.