It is SO cool to be able to fly a question here on any subject and get so many responses. Way cool!

Though I'm smart enough to heed virtually none of them, I (we?) still enjoy the replies. Here goes.

The electrician I use is an uber-Catholic holy hots. We're the same age, grew up in the same town and attended the same parrish church. Commonalities end right there, though we get along very well.

I don't care, really, but I don't want to hear about the people he has seen cured at holy sites.
I've never seen a "K of C" bumper sticker that large. It's about 30 x 20" on the back door of his large panel van.

Several weeks ago, one of my clients called him directly to do a couple of little things. When asked about scheduling, he went on to her about how he'd be away for his "Right to Life" March on Washington. And went on...

She was polite, but told me later she was creeped out to the max. She doesn't want him on the next big projects I'm doing with her. And she's awesome.

I'm meeting him at a client's house this Friday so he can wire the soffet I'm installing. He's not an a-hole, just simple. (No, not because of his beliefs.) He hardly lifts a finger---his assistant does it all. People, children, pets and woodland creatures love the assistant to pieces. He's a way cool and fun guy, who knows what he's doing.

All options are still on my table----from speaking to him about, to ignoring it, to ignoring it and finding someone else. He's always easy to reach, calls right back, is reliable, honest, and charges less than most of the competition.

I feel that he understands only 1/3 of what I tell him, but his assistant always nods and winks in understanding while behind his boss's back. It all gets done, but only after I do my little "Dancin' with the Misfits" routine.

Ideas, threats, condemnation welcome.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.