Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
My First Purchasing Experience (Long read)
#113449 10/20/05 12:25 AM
Seg Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all,

I just thought I'd make my first post about my first purchase of Axiom products. I've been a reader of these boards for the past 15 or 16 months but have never posted until now. Thank you to everyone for providing all your useful info found throughout these boards. They've helped me feel comfortable purchasing speakers by word of mouth only.

Let me start by telling what a little about my setup. My first audio/HT setup was a HTIB I bought for about $500 back in 1999. The little speakers were great because they didn't get in the way. After several years I decided to look into replacing them as they really didn't provide that impact I wanted (which I experienced in my local audio store's demo room). I looked at several options including Polk, Infinity, B&W, Bose, etc. I found Axiom based on a customer review and after reading several posts on these boards I was sold. It took me well over a year to really be able to afford my ideal setup which I purchased this past Monday evening.

Monday night I had finally prepared my order online, the Epic 60 500 7.1. After entering all my payment and shipping info I clicked submit. I waited for what seemed like an eternity until the screen refreshed. The screen said that the process had timed out with a server error. I tried again but received the same result. While thinking of what to do next, I checked my bank account balance only to find that the funds had been taken and put into pending status. In a panic I wrote an E-mail to the Axiom Sales Dept hoping they could help me. I felt a lot better once I received a response from Amie the next day.

Amie informed me that the communication between Axiom and my bank timed out after 90 seconds. Of course, my bank did confirm the purchase at 95 seconds but without the special code they need to exchange in order to make a successful transfer. Amie said they had contacted my bank to get the funds transferred but with no luck (no code, no money).

Amie's fix to the problem was simple. They would go ahead and ship my entire order now and try again to collect payment in 3-5 business days once the money returned to my account. That kind of surprised me considering we're talking about $3,000+ in speakers. So I guess what everyone has been saying is true. Axiom truly does have the best customer service.

So I've been tracking the shipment and it should arrive on Thursday or Friday ready for the weekend. This should be a very interesting weekend and I can't wait to get them up and running. Thanks again to all the members here and to Amie for your help. I know I'll be very happy with these speakers. It's been a long wait but I'm sure it will be well worth it.

Re: My First Purchasing Experience (Long read)
#113450 10/20/05 12:29 AM
veteran
veteran
Great story, seg. As I'm sure you know, yours is similar to many of our. I too read literally thousands of posts before I finally decided to purchase. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and I'm sure you also know that we expect *lots* of pics that show off your new setup when it arrives along with your impressions.

Welcome aboard!

M60's
VP150
QS8's
HSU STF-2
Onkyo TX-SR805
Audiobytes for the PC
#113451 10/20/05 12:32 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
That is awesome Seg! Welcome to the boards. Your story sounds so familiar to mine about 1.5 yrs ago, I lurked around here for months before creating my screen name and ordering my Axiom's.

Did you order from the Factory Outlet to get the additional 10%? Also, how will you be powering your new speakers. I'm jealous of your 500, but my 350 works great for now

Welcome again, great to have a new voice around these parts...Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

#113452 10/20/05 12:34 AM
axiomite
axiomite
16 months and you are *just now* posting?! What gives!

Kidding....

Actually, welcome to the boards Seg and to the Axiom experience, these folks are simply amazing, aren't they!

Try not to take as long for the next post i.e. 'REVIEW', OK?

Rick
Our Room

smile
#113453 10/20/05 01:14 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Congratulations, and welcome, Seg. What a great story of customer service. While there are other online manufacturers that have comparable customer service, Axiom is topped by none.

As the others implied, I'm always amazed when someone posts for the first time saying "Well, I just ordered my Axioms." I so glad you were able to glean some helpful information from our ramblings, hijacks, disputes, and levity.

Please DO share the arrival, setup, and initial listening experience of your system. Photos, if possible, would be appreciated and enjoyed.

P.S. I have a serious case of "subwoofer envy.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#113454 10/20/05 01:42 AM
local
local
i ordered my stuff last from the factroy outlet so i am gonna have to wait a while to get them. customer service was a major factor for me in making my decision to purchase AXIOM.
congrats on your purchase.

M60's VP150 QS8's EP500 Denon3805
#113455 10/20/05 04:40 AM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Congrats, welcome, ditto all the other nice people above.

You get the "Lurker of the Week" award, for sure. The Lurkmeister. Baron von Lurkstein. Lurk Pitt. Auto-shutoff, stainless steel Lurkolator. Walking in a pair of Lurkenstocks. Captian James T. Lurk.

Sorry. Lost my mind for a minute there. It happens.

If you have hobbies, skills, expertise, odd licenses, cult memberships of any kind, or incriminating photographs, you should definitely stick around and add to the collective wisdom. I have stuffed my brain with all kinds of useless, er, helpful non-audio information around here.

I am confident you will really enjoy your new system. With what will you be powering and controlling the new SegPlex Home Theatre?

bibere usque ad hilaritatem

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (BBIBH), 580 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup