Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Help for a Newbie..
#148718 10/04/06 01:54 PM
H
OP Offline
H
I am a little new to this home theatre stuff but after purchasing a HTIB about a year ago I have got the bug to upgrade. I think I am set on buying Axiom but I was hoping for a little advice on my perchase. The following is what I was thinking of buying:

Center - VP-100
Surrounds - QS-4's
Fronts - M3 or M22

The fronts are where I am not sure. I will use this system about 80% HT and 20% Music and am on a budget but am willing to spend a little more for the M22's if it is worth it. Also this is an apartment so based on what i have read i think this system should be perfect but I welcome thoughts on that to. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: Help for a Newbie..
hellsya69 #148719 10/04/06 02:20 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Welcome Hellsya69.

I must warn you that many of us intended our Axioms to be used primarily for HT, and found that our music listening greatly increased. I certainly rediscovered my interest in music.

First, can you give us the dimensions of the your room (L x W x H)? Without knowing that, it's a bit difficult to assess how well the system you are considering would work for you. However, I suspect what you've listed would be perfect for an apartment.

The M3s and M50s have a slightly different sonic signature than the M2s, M22s, M60s, and M80s. The M3s have a modest boost in the upper bass range, making them ideal for 2 channel music without a subwoofer. That in no way means they can't be used, with excellent results, for HT. However, were I you, as long as it wouldn't break the bank, I'd go with the M22s. If that puts to much strain on the wallet, depending on the size of your room, you might even consider the M2s.

Again, WELCOME!

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Ajax #148720 10/04/06 02:43 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Actually I do enjoy listning to LP's and was hoping that the new speakers would add substantially to my enjoyment. As for the size of the room I dont know the exact dimensions but it is not a large apartment and the room has only enough room in it for my couch and my big TV (which is all that is ever needed). I was actually leaning towards the M22's but I have read so many positive posts about the M3's that I started to second guess myself. Also I already have a subwoofer which I forgot to mention in the first post although I am not sure that would change anything. Thanks again for the help. I am really enjoying this hobby although it is making my wallet lighter and lighter..

hellsya69 #148721 10/04/06 02:54 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Quote:

Actually I do enjoy listning to LP's and was hoping that the new speakers would add substantially to my enjoyment. As for the size of the room I dont know the exact dimensions but it is not a large apartment and the room has only enough room in it for my couch and my big TV (which is all that is ever needed). I was actually leaning towards the M22's but I have read so many positive posts about the M3's that I started to second guess myself. Also I already have a subwoofer which I forgot to mention in the first post although I am not sure that would change anything. Thanks again for the help. I am really enjoying this hobby although it is making my wallet lighter and lighter..

If you already have the sub, get the M22s because they need to be mated to a sub for optimum performance. This way you'll have the best bookshelf that Axiom has to offer.

If you order from the factory outlet you can get 10% off. Click here to see how much you can save.

For the budget minded consumer the factory outlet is by far the best way to go. If you order 5 items total (including cables etc) you get an additional 5% off.

-Hutz

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com
hellsya69 #148722 10/04/06 04:52 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Quote:

I am really enjoying this hobby although it is making my wallet lighter and lighter..

A very common experience that you will find goes on forever!

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,464
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020