Print Thread
Rate Thread
30 day audition questions
#326410 10/23/10 06:33 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi all,

I am interested in auditioning similar speakers from Axiom and Aperion Audio but I have a couple of questions for Axiom's return policy. I see that Axiom has estimates for the cost of return shipping but does not state what carrier is preferred. Also, what about insurance? Am I required to ship the items back insured? What happens if it gets damaged during shipment back to Axiom? Am I responsible to pay the damages if I don't insure the speakers? Also, if I get stands or wall mounts for the speakers, are those included in the return policy also?

Thank you,
Chris from California

Re: 30 day audition questions
sactown123 #326411 10/23/10 11:45 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hey Chris, welcome to the forum. It's best to call Axiom and address your queries to them directly. Questions such as those are really outside the scope of us forum members.

Regards

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
sactown123 #326415 10/23/10 02:11 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: sactown123
Hi all,

I am interested in auditioning similar speakers from Axiom and Aperion Audio but I have a couple of questions for Axiom's return policy. I see that Axiom has estimates for the cost of return shipping but does not state what carrier is preferred. Also, what about insurance? Am I required to ship the items back insured? What happens if it gets damaged during shipment back to Axiom? Am I responsible to pay the damages if I don't insure the speakers? Also, if I get stands or wall mounts for the speakers, are those included in the return policy also?

Thank you,
Chris from California

Welcome sactown

My understanding is that Axiom will send you a pre-paid shipping label (including insurance) once you have decided to return the product(s) and paid the amount of the return freight. Keep all the original packaging during the 30 day trial. If the packaging is destroyed from shipping and can't be reused, contact Axiom about that before you re-package.

From reading whats disclosed in the 30 day trial and warranty, the stands and brackets are not included in either.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/guarantee.html

http://www.axiomaudio.com/warranty.html

Still, the best thing you can do before you order is to contact one of Axioms representatives through their toll-free number and get the information first hand so you are fully informed of the expectations regarding your order and products.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #326418 10/23/10 03:03 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Also, keeo in mind that there are many axiom owners willing to let you into their home to audition some axioms. Take a look in the "hearing things" forum and see if there is anyone in your area listed in the audition thread.

That is how I first heard axioms.

Thanks for stopping by, and good luck with your audio endeavors!

-David
sactown123 #326422 10/23/10 03:52 PM
buff
buff
Hi Chris,

Axiom ships to customers within North America free and starting when the product is received, offers a 30 day trial period to audition the speakers within your listening enviroment.

On the off-chance you did want to return the product, Axiom will assist you further. Axiom offers return rates on all products,including stands and brackets, that may be purchased from Axiom. The prices indicated on the returns page are exact and insurance is included in the pricing provided the product is sent back in their original packaging.

Should you have any further guestions, you can contact myself or JC via our toll free number at 1.866.244.8796.

Brent Tombari
Axiom Audio Expert
Brent #326720 10/27/10 04:55 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for all the replies. I am getting ready to order the M22s (fronts) and VP150. I just ordered the aperion 4T and 5C which is comparable to the axioms in terms of specs. It's just a matter of preference and I have 30-days to find that out. I also ordered a HSU VTF-2 for a fair comparison.

One question: Is it recommended to use isolation pads under the speakers? If using it for the M22, do I put it under the M22 speaker OR under the M22 speaker stand?

Thanks,
Chris

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020