I’ve been meaning to post pictures of my HT gear for a while, and the construction start of the basement HT seemed like a good opportunity. We’ve decided to finish ~ 65% of the basement in our split entry bungalow that we built last year. The main section is open concept, and consists of a HT area, Kids Play area and Pool Table area.

Front wall: This is the strapped and insulated back wall of the house, which is the darkest corner of the basement and lends itself perfectly to a front projection screen.

Right side wall: The right QS8 will be located between the window and the beam. The back of the beam is ~ 14 feet from the front wall.

Left side wall: The doorway has been eliminated, opening up the entrance to the basement. The left QS8 will be located on the yellow portion of the wall, ~ 5” from the ceiling.

Back wall: The back of the room opens up to the play room section. The total length of the room is ~ 35ft.

The next group of pictures shows roughly the same areas of the rooms after the drywall. This is the current state of the room as of today, Oct 25, 2005.

We've designed the peninsula fireplace surround to house the HT gear. I'm looking forward to seeing this roughed in!