I've recently decided to pull the trigger on a major upgrade of my home theater/TV system. I decided to upgrade my TV and purchase a new pre-pro/receiver and Blu-Ray player. I'm also considering purchasing a second subwoofer, upgrading my center channel and adding height speakers to be used in Prologic IIz Height or Audyssey DSX Height configuration.

I've already purchased the TV - a 60" LG 60PK550 plasma to replace my current 51" Sony CRT rear projection. I got a great deal on the TV and it's received good reviews, especially as a bang-for-buck plasma. I'm planning on having it professionally calibrated as well.

I still enjoy my current Sony TV but I decided that I wanted to step up in size to 60" and wanted to upgrade to fully support 1080p/24fps resolution from a Blu-Ray player.

I was wondering what others think I'll notice going from an (uncalibrated) CRT rear projection TV to a (calibrated) plasma? Is it going to be a significant improvement in picture quality or will it be more subtle? Will the black levels of the plasma compete with the RPTV's black levels - which are, subjectively, pretty good. I'm expecting the black levels to be on par but the color to be a bit more "lively" and have a bit more pop.

What should I expect? Personally, I'm mostly interested in the size increase and the ability to play Blu-Ray at full resolution - any improvements in picture quality would simply be icing on the cake smile

Any random thoughts on the upgrade?

Thanks!

Bryan