I have already sort of said "hello" by expressing a thought on the "shootout" thread, but want to attempt a better job of it in a fresh thread. Greetings! This Thursday, if things arrive per Fed-Ex's plans, I hope to be receiving a new Axom 5.1 speaker system: M80s, VP180, QS8's, and an EP500 in the stock black oak finish.

Powering the speakers will by an Emotiva XPA-5 connected to an Onkyo TX-SR706.

Besides being influenced by several glowing reviews of the speakers, another significant factor in my choosing Axiom speakers is simply the power that they offer. I feel I need big powerful speakers to tame my voluminous two-story living room that is also semi-open to the first and second floor halls. In the past I've wired up floor-standing speakers in that room, but the room's volume always seems to swallow them up. But, I've never had speakers that are of the quality, size, and power of the M80s, VP180, or EP500.

Speaking of powerful speakers, I am especially looking forward to the M80s and VP180. The idea of a huge center channel speaker really appeals to me. Apparently from what I've read, I have the members of this forum to thank for that idea.

So, that's where I am: eager to unbox and set the new speakers up. For those of you who have the VP180 already, what are your impressions of it thus far? Meeting or exceeding your expectations? Any "comb-filtering" issues that those on other forums swear it will have even though they have never heard it? [I have read Alan Loft's article on comb-filtering].

For those who have expressed warm welcomes to me already on the "shootout" thread, thank you very much. This appears to be a kind-hearted and good-natured forum.