Hi all,

I've used the search and read some great ideas on placement but thought I would throw out a more specific question. I am setting up a 5.1 system and my main viewing area is a couch on the rear wall with a 58" Panny plasma about 10'-11' in front of it centered.

I was planning on putting the Q's on the rear walls about 2' above ear level, but the manual that comes with them and some of the posts I've read receommend the side walls. If I place them on the side walls, they can't really be behind the listening position. Originally I was planning on placing the right Q sort of above the HVAC thermostat you can see in this picture and the other in the same spot on the other side.

You can't see it, but the left has the same side wall area for mounting (although instead of a doorway there is a fireplace). So mounting them on the side walls is just as easy as the rear walls, I just want to make sure I get it right the first time and don't have to fish wires through the attic/walls more than once.

Having said all that, any advice from the experts?

Oh by the way the Q's will be friends with a VP150, M60's and an EP350 driven by an Onkyo 807.

Thanks in advance! grin

Scott