After sifting throught the mess that is HT combinations, I want to upgrade from my Energy C-500 towers, C-100 center, and C-R100 rears (all powered by a Yamaha HTR-6160 receiver). My TV is a 40" Sony Bravia 40V3000. My sub is an SVS PB12-NSD.

I want Axioms, let's get this straight. I had the opportunity to audition them at Axiom's headquarters and was impressed with what I heard (not to mention all the good feedback I've read).

I was wondering the following: if upgraded to M80's and a VP180, would acquiring an Emotiva XPA-3 allow for enough power for the above speakers? Or should I splurge for a XPA-2 and a separate XPA-1 for the center? My receiver would drive the rears.

Or should I get a 4-ohm receiver, for now (looking at the Harmon/Kardon 3600 as it does 4-ohm)? The room my ht will be in (once renos are complete) will be 20'w x 15'd with a sloping ceiling (15' to 6').

Any help with regards to this would be greatly appreciated. I'm leaning towards an Emotiva Amp, but I've seen people here run M80's on a receiver.

Thanks in advance!