Been away from the boards for a while...don't have the time I used to to keep up on here. Anyway, been thinking about a new receiver. I have a Onkyo SR-500 bought in 2003 (when I bought my Axioms!) I looked last year, but it sounded like it made sense to wait for something with HDCP 2.2 compatibility as well as HDMI 2.0a, especially since I plan to keep whatever I get at least 10 years. I don't have a TV that needs these yet, but I expect to during the life of the receiver.

Anything else I should be looking for other than these, and enough inputs to handle my stuff? I see references to DTS:X, which I assume would be a good thing, but haven't kept up with what's new to know much about it.

I see Onkyo and Denon both came out with receivers recently that support the new HDMI and HDCP. I assume some other brands have too. Recommendations?

Considering both Denon's and a Onkyo list at 800 or less, let's make that the top end of the budget unless there is something truly compelling to go beyond that.

BTW, the old receiver mostly works well, but occasionally locks up on me. When that happens there is nothing that I can do except unplug it, plug it in again, and then reconfig all the settings on it, which is a PITA (and happens to annoy the wife too, so she also wants a new receiver)