I have a center speaker mounting problem. Our HT setup is in a corner, with the equipment/TV stand fairly far out into the room, well away from the walls. This worked fine when we had an old-fashioned TV--our Axiom center channel sat comfortably on top of the TV with the help of some poster putty. But then this summer we finally got a flat screen, and the center had to go somewhere else. We bought a taller stand and put the center on the third shelf, but the higher screen height is giving me neck pain (seriously). So I'm looking for an alternative that will work with the old, lower stand.

Wall mounts won't work and I don't think that a floor-mounted center speaker stand would work either--a floor-mounted stand would have to stretch very far forward from the central post in order to reach over the TV stand and TV.

Is there some kind of center speaker stand that can either attach directly to the back of the TV (using the holes/screws that you would use to mount the TV to the wall), or one that would rise up behind the TV (from the top shelf of the TV stand) and project over the top? This seems like it would be a common problem but I haven't been able to find an obvious solution.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!