About 8 months ago I setup a home theater in my basement. The room is 113 Inches Wide, 83 inches tall (7 foot ceiling), and 316 Inches Deep (great for multi rowed seating). I used Sinclair Audio Speakers (Cheap but decent) and an SVS PB10-NSD Sub. The speakers are towers and they are stuck in the extreme corners of the room to accommodate the largest screen I can get. Pictures of my theater can be found at the links below.

Right now the projector screen wall is six coats of a custom paint mix, it looks great but I want to build a screen out of counter-top laminate (Wilsonart Designer White) of 118 inches. In order to go with a larger screen I will need to
get rid of my tower speakers and that is where Axiom comes in.

When I bought my Sinclair speakers I had never heard of Axiom. I prefer to buy Canadian when I can. I have spent the last 8 months reading speaker reviews and trying to educate myself on audio. I have a Pioneer 1019 receiver and a lack of space on the sides of my projector screen.

Click below for a web-album. I used a crappy camera, sorry.
http://picasaweb.google.ca/lh/sredir...sgE&feat=email

AVS BUILD THREAD:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1176908

1. I've been looking at the Axiom M22s because they are short enough that I could put them underneath the screen. I would love to buy Axiom M80s but my receiver won't be able to handle the 4 ohm load and they are wide enough that a 110 inch screen is all I can do. If I were to get the M60s then my receiver would be sufficient but I still would be limiting the size of the screen and the speakers would be in the corners.

Acoustically would I be better off with M60s in the corners or M22s under the screen about 2 feet from the walls? I plan on buying the center and surrounds from axiom over the next year.

2. I'm thinking of putting new carpet in my basement. Is it a bad Idea to put the speaker wire under the carpet? I will be hiring a professional for this. What kind of padding should I use under the carpet for the best audio?

3. Acoustics: I have no clue what I'm doing. What should I do to improve the sound in my room? Please see post below for room and equipment details.

Bass traps? Acoustic panels? I want to go the DIY route to save money.

4. Any clue what my SVS PB-10 NSD crossover should be? Should it be "enabled or not"? I have enabled and at 80 right now. What is the phase and what should it be set to?