Been on CanuckAudioMart discussing my possible set-up and Axiom has come up a few times, so thought I'd float on over here for some direct advice.

I have a rough budget of $2000 for which I was hoping to get 5.1 speakers AND a receiver, based on the options here I think that might need to be pushed to at least $2500.

I already own a TV, Optik TV, X360 and BD player (Samsung BD6500). The system will mainly be used for movies and games with some TV. I'm looking for all my speakers to be wall mounted as I don't have a lot of floor space either side of the TV and none behind the sofa.

I have wiring in the room for 7.1 but thinking to help with budget that I'd only buy 5.1 right now.

The system will be in my basement where I’d put the wires in the wall already. The room is long and I have the couch set-up horizontally across from the TV, about 11.5Ft away, looking back at the plans for when the basement was developed (NB I still have the PDF can I attach to a post if that helps?).

As a comparison I’ve currently got my eye on the Kef 3005SE 5.1 set-up which I can get online for $1200 right now, I’m still not sure on which receiver I’d pair with these. Interested in what the best solution would be from Axiom and some advice on speaker choice as well as receiver options.