Print Thread
Rate Thread
Don't bother with the M22ti, unless
#6969 11/25/02 12:30 AM
B
Balgon Offline OP
OP Offline
B
unless you are going to spend at least another $500 for a sub. My main complain against M22 is that the M22 falls short of an independent monitor speaker. M22 sounds thin, it only has highs and the middle, lack the low frequencies. M22 in a way likes a handicaped, without lower part of the body to support its upper part. A sub is what M22 needed to be a complete man.

For people on a budget the M3ti is THE best deal in the Axiom line. In my humble personal opinion, M3Ti is a good independent all around mini monitor class speaker (I mean it performs independently all across high, midle, and low frequencies), considering the price.

As far as an independent monitor is concerned, it appears that the Paradigm reference studio 20 is an better deal than M22 is. Paradigm 20 is fuller than M22ti; its highs and middle are at least as refined as M22ti. And the price is probably only $CDN50-100 bucks more.

Re: Don't bother with the M22ti, unless
#6970 11/25/02 09:21 PM
veteran
veteran
This is true, it is not a full range speaker. It is not a monitor. It is a bookslelf speaker.

Secondly, I think the Paradigm Studio Reference 40 are a closer match to the M22Ti's, but they are a few hundred dollars more expensive.

Last but not least, Paradigm customer support is poor. My friend had bought Monitor 5's and 7's, and a driver in the Monitor 7 blew. It took him almost a month and a half and a lot of money for shipping to get his speaker fixed. Meanwhile, I had a slight hum from my EP125 amp, and I got a replacement in 24 hours, free of charge. I think buying speakers at this price, knowing you will get true, top class service is a major bonus. It definitely affected my decision, especially after I heard about Paradigm's customer support.

Re: Don't bother with the M22ti, unless
#6971 11/29/02 10:39 PM
veteran
veteran
If you intend to use your speakers for movies anyway, you will need a sub to take care of sounds and effects a woofer cannot handle. So on a tight budget or limited space, you may be forced to buy bookshelf speakers like the M22ti and necessarily buy a sub.

I also listened to a lot of speakers before I decided to buy the Axiom (which I never had the opportunity to audition). I liked the sound of Paradigm but I liked the configuration of the Axioms. Based on my readings that Axioms are comparable to Paradigm, better prices, and excellent customer service, I decided to buy Axioms.

I also read from several posts that if you have any problem with your paradigm, the company will refer you back to the dealer that sold you the speakers and most of them are not very responsive to customer service. Also another reason why I bought Axioms.

So far, I have experienced Axioms customer service and I have been enjoying my Epic 80.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,476
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hambrabi), 1,022 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup