Print Thread
Rate Thread
Got my Computer speakers!
#186416 12/02/07 09:30 AM
Haoleb Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Well, Ok they arent exactly what you might have guessed from the title. After much debating, with myself. I decided to shoot Amie a PM asking if i could trade in the Audiobyte's for a couple little gems in the owners club. I had just picked up a Jolida tube amp off craigslist locally a couple weeks before and ended up just putting it in the closet so I had an extra amp laying around just dying to be paired with some speakers. So, a day later after getting an email saying they shipped they arrived. (I think fedex must have found some kind of wormhole because they came from canada to hawaii, and in my hands in about 36 hours time.)

I really wanted to be one of the first to hear the new audiobyte's but I wasnt going to be buying the subwoofer and I think what I got instead fits the bill quite nicely. So enter, M3v2's in High Gloss white! These are the first time I have had a chance to hear and see the M3's Needless to say I havent been let down. Compared to my M80's I would describe them as having less bass and less refined sounding, But overall the sonic character That I love about the 80's is also heard in the M3's.

I built some custom stands for them this evening, I was planning on painting them black but I may just end up leaving them they way they are. Just found some cedar 2x6 or something around and 3 hours later. Viola. Speaker stands! I cut the top plate to match the shape of the speakers too. you would almost think They were meant for these speakers. \:\) I have them hooked up to a Jolida JD302b which is hooked to the computer. I also have my main stereo on the other side of the room hooked to the computer so I can listen with both systems going if I want which actually creates a really cool and surrounding effect to the music. Good for cranking up after a long day of work! Plus with the M80's going I have all the bass they put out with the added sensation of being surrounded.

The finish on them is really georgeous. Piano black is always a nice finish and I dont think I have even seen white before but it is equally nice. I love the contrast in the drivers and the finish too. The only real downside to the way I have it setup is this tube amp right next to me. I would say Its probably near the middle of winter around here and I definetly dont need a space heater on my table.

Ahh well, Anyway onto the pics.

Re: Got my Computer speakers!
Haoleb #186417 12/02/07 09:49 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
They're beautiful. I've been considering what I want to do about computer speakers. I thought the M3s might be nice, too. Congratulations.

Haoleb #186422 12/02/07 01:06 PM
Hey Brandon:
Are those the ones that were described as "havng some scratches on the bottom from photoshoots"? If so, I had been eyeing them as well. I had never had "white" before, but they looked pretty sweet!

Stands are nice too......sounds like an ideal setup! Congrats!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
MarkSJohnson #186423 12/02/07 02:21 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Nice Brandon ... the stands look very nice as well, glad to hear that you are enjoying the little gems.

Rick
Our Room

smile
Haoleb #186435 12/02/07 04:35 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Wow, good job on those speaker stands! Cutting the top plate to match the cabinet integrates the two perfectly and makes the whole set-up look rather classy. The glossy white finish looks good in your room, too.

Enjoy the new speakers, Brandon!

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
MarkSJohnson #186446 12/02/07 05:33 PM
Haoleb Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Hey Brandon:
Are those the ones that were described as "havng some scratches on the bottom from photoshoots"? If so, I had been eyeing them as well. I had never had "white" before, but they looked pretty sweet!

Stands are nice too......sounds like an ideal setup! Congrats!

Yup. In standard axiom fashion there is only really one scratch about an inch long on the bottom of one that is noticable without looking at the gloss in the light. A couple very small nicks as well but overally they are nearly perfect \:\)

Haoleb #186477 12/03/07 01:40 AM
Haoleb Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
I just noticed that the tweeters on these are fully metal. vs the plastic ones like all the rest of my speakers. Is this a feature of the vassallo series or are these new tweeters being used in all the speakers? I like!

Haoleb #186502 12/03/07 02:35 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
That's a VaSSallo series feature, Haoleb.

Haoleb #186503 12/03/07 02:53 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: Haoleb
I just noticed that the tweeters on these are fully metal. vs the plastic ones like all the rest of my speakers. Is this a feature of the vassallo series or are these new tweeters being used in all the speakers? I like!

You can't make comments like this with no pics...PICS!!!!

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com
Hutzal #186523 12/03/07 06:05 PM
Haoleb Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: Hutzal
 Originally Posted By: Haoleb

You can't make comments like this with no pics...PICS!!!!

They look basically the same, the logo is a part of the metal itself and only says Axiom. Other than that they look the same. I only noticed they were metal when i was polishing them and noticed how cold they were. \:\)

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044