Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a subwoofer sometime to compliment my M40's. I do 100% music, but may one day hook 'em up to the TV, but I kind of doubt it.

I generally like the idea of a sealed enclosure subwoofer... the cabinet is usually smaller and most people describe the sound as being "tighter," but I'm open to any suggestions.

I'm also on a budget... which is one big reason I chose the M40's - they work just fine for now as a full range speaker. Every now and then, I can tell some music would benefit from a little more weight, though.

Initially, I am considering the Dickason Titanic 10" subwoofer kit from partsexpress.com... another one I just noticed is the HK 12" Sub. Both of these are sealed enclosures - the look of the HK is really nice, but I can't find any reviews on it anywhere. The Titanic kit runs $350 including shipping and I can find the HK for $240 total... (again, I like staying on a budget)

As for the rest of the system, it's a matched set of 1975 vintage HK gear, used primarily for vinyl. Since it's vintage, I will probably end up using the line level inputs on the sub. Another option is to use a Y-adapter from the preamp and feed one section to the amp and one to the Sub - is this a better idea?

I've never been a huge fan of subwoofers, but reading more about proper set-up leads me think I hated them just because everyone cranks them up too much and makes the music always sound muffled or bloated.

Any and all suggestions welcome... thanks in advance.