Print Thread
Rate Thread
Quick Binding Post Question
#2794 04/25/02 03:11 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hey Everyone,
When looking to use banana plugs for wire connections to both the speakers and the receiver, do you just hand tighten the binding posts and insert the plug? Basic question, but wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

lando
Re: Quick Binding Post Question
#2795 04/26/02 12:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey lando!!!! TW here. I am VP of Axiom and was just browsing through the new site when I ran across your question and thought I would post to you.

If you are using bannana plugs, you don't need to worry about if the binding posts are tightened down. Finger tight is fine. The important thing is that you get the wires securely connnected to the plugs themselves, and that when you plug them into your receiver and speakers that they are connecteded in phase (possitive to possitive, negative to negative)

Hope this helps.

Have fun!!!!

TW

Re: Quick Binding Post Question
#2796 04/26/02 02:06 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
TW,

Thanks for the advice... it helped straighten everything out for me. It seemed like a "dumb" question, but I'd rather risk looking stupid for a few posts than feeling awful forever if I messed up my beautiful speakers or didn't have the proper connection to my receiver.

Awesome new site design! Your great products at fair prices, coupled with responsive and helpful customer service, are a model for others in any business. Your dealer network has shown to be just as responsive. Great job, and thank you for introducing me to the world of quality audio.

lando

lando

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020