I'm trying to determine the locations for prewiring a dedicated media room for a 7.1 setup. I've read through a lot of the posts on this forum (lots of great info and friendly people, by the way!) and have more-or-less figured out the placements for the 7 speakers. However, I don't know where I should prewire the cable for the subwoofer. I don't have a Web server to post a diagram of the room on, so let me try to describe it: the room is 20 ft east-west, 15 ft north-south, and 10 ft tall. The door into the room is in the northwest corner of the north wall, and there are 2 windows along the south wall. The front speakers and projection screen will be along the east wall, 1 side surround speaker will be on the north wall, another side surround speaker will be on the south wall, and the 2 rear surround speakers will be on the west wall. I hope that description is helpful.

Anyways, I realize that exact subwoofer placement is dependent on the particular acoustics of the room and to some extent on personal preferences. However, where should I likely anticipate putting the subwoofer? Or in other words, where do Axiom owners end up putting the subwoofer in relation to the other speakers? Ii realize that it'd be difficult to give exact advice without listening to the system in the room, so I just need advice on an approximate location in the room so I know where to specify the prewiring.

Also, would it be prudent to prewire for 2 subwoofers? If so, should the prewiring locations be on opposite sides/corners of the room from each other? Though it's more expensive, would 2 EP350s be a better or more flexible option than 1 EP500? I'm considering 2 M60s, 1 VP150, and 4 QS8s as the other speakers currently. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.