Well I have been thinking of doing an up grade to my HT and I have no idea as to why I have not looked into the Axiom speaker line before now. I have owned Paradigm Monitors in the past for stereo use and was pleased with them but decided to jump into the HT arena and at the time go 5.1. I decidecd to purchase an Infinity ILS series all matching system. I have had this system for just about 10 years now and it has preformed flawless, but I would like a bit more power and larger sound stage. I have been looking at the M80's and for the price and review ratings I do not think you could go wrong.

My HT is now a 7.1 system with a 106" screen so big picture big sound not that my sound is small, I just want bigger. I can push 140W per channel to my mains which sould be fine for the M80's.

My main question is on the cabinet materials? I see there are three options to choose from.

1) The $1436 which is has ? for a finish...what is this?
2) The $1608 vinal
3) The $1933 veneer

From reading there is no sound quality difference per say but I would like to know what material the entry level M80's are constructed from? This is where the informed decision comes into play, if I could just make a spur of the moment purchase I would get the Rosewood VaSSallo's low gloss, they would look great with my front wall (media brown flat non-reflective).

Thanks in advance and if you have any other M80 infor please feel free to throw it at me. I have read just about every M80 thread in the last week.

Later
Phil