Hi all,

I've got a question for owners of the QS8 to see if I'm going to get appreciably better results with one method of mounting over another.

We recently moved to a new house, and unfortunately the new place does not have a dedicated space for the theatre. The basement is fairly large and L shaped, so I'm using one part of the L as the home theatre corner.

I've got a two HT chairs with the projector on a stand behind the chairs. I'm currently using two towers from my old speaker set as surrounds. Moving to the QS8 would allow me to add more chairs by freeing up floor space.

Just behind the back of the chairs is a soffit for HVAC ducting. My mounting options would be as follows.
1. T bracket on the soffit (again this is located maybe a foot behind the chairs) with the QS8 directly facing the screen wall
2. FMB on the soffit with the QS8 angled towards the seating area as much as possible (it wouldn't be aimed directly at the chairs).
3. One QS8 on the sidewall directly facing the chairs, the other on a FM Ceiling Bracket directly facing the chairs.

So will I gain a lot using one of these mounting methods over another? Number 1 is obviously the cheapest and most asthetically pleasing, but if one of the other methods is going to be a huge advantage sound wise, it might be worth it.

Thanks!