Hi All! After years of hemming and hawwing about getting a decent sound system, I've bought a house, fished all my wires through the wall, set up an in wall entertainment stand, and now am finally able to worry about speakers. I'm looking for clear, detailed mids/highs and want accurate (not necessarily powerful) bass for home theater and music listening. Long story short, speaker research has led me here, and negotiations with the wife have given me enough budget to purchase the following (soon to be arriving in the mail):

- VP150 center channel
- EP350 sub
- QS8 surround speakers
- M3 L/R speakers

I was originally planning on sticking the left and right speakers on book case shelves to both save space and (more importantly) keep the wife happy. Everyone that I've talked to about this idea has said that it's a bad one for sound quality however, which is making me think that it won't work as well as originally planned. Anyone have an opinion on this? If the shelf mounting douesn't sound good and I'm free of the speaker size restriction, would it be worth ordering/checking out the M22 as well? Or should I stick with the M3 in my setup?