I just received my order of M80's, VP150 and QS8's from the factory outlet. Upon very careful inspection in bright light, I found no blemishes on any speakers. After reading all of the other posters' similar commments regarding the general lack of blemishes on "outlet" speakers, I am wondering if the factory outlet is more of a marketing and production vehicle than a way to sell damaged goods. Although Axiom may actually sell an occassional blemished speaker through the outlet, the fact that Axiom continually offers "blemished" speakers for sale, in all of their speaker models and color choices, leads me to believe that the "outlet" is really more of a way for Axion to control its production schedule by taking advance orders and not being required to ship them immediately. This way they do not have to stock a large inventory of all speakers and colors for immediate delivery, yet still can advertise immediate delivery (for those willing to pay a 10% premium?).

One other comment on my speakers. I ordered the basic black oak finish. We wanted the black color to fit with the design of the theater room. I was not sure what to expect, but for some reason I did not have high expectations for the black oak, thinking that it would look, well, like plastic. I was very wrong. The black oak looks great. My wife thought so too. To me, it looked so good that I am glad that I did not pay extra for a custom finish. Short of having an actual wood veneer, I don't think you could get a better looking speaker. (I can say the same thing for my M60's, which I have in the cherry vinyl finish.)

Unfortunatley, I do not have the room finished yet, so the speakers won't be set up for a while...

M60's Rotel Nad Music Hall MMF-5
M80's VP150 QS8's Sherwood Newcastle Panasonic Plasma
Algonquins