A while back I won a $1000 from Axiom in an Audioholics monthly drawing. Needless to say, I was pretty excited. The big delimia was "what to buy"? I ended up getting an EP500v2 for the upstairs family room. I previously had a 12" JVC sub that was more than a few years old.

The delivery was very timely. The delivery man was relieved that there weren't any stairs at my house. The unit is very heavy. The box had some exterior damage, but thanks to the great packing done by Axiom, the sub was fine. I managed to wrestle the unit into the house and hooked it up. WOW, it is truely impressive. The bass extention is very clean, much deeper than the JVC. Like most new sub buyers, I spent several hours adjusting the controls every which way to get a sense of what this puppy can do. Even when I had the bass excessively cranked, there was never a sense that the sub was over extending itself. This unit can really pump out the LFE. I finally dialed it in to where I thought it would sound best in my particular room.

My sons were blown away when they fired up the PS3 and started gaming. You can actually feel the sounds of the explosions and bullets when playing Godfather -- well at least when the wife is gone and we run the amp at reference level. Action movies are a real treat.

In addition to its massive low end, the EP500 is very capable of producing a soft, yet precise, mid-level bass which fills out the bottom of a soundtrack or music score.

Overall, I'm very impressed. I initially was considering an EP600 and went with the EP500 based on advice from Alan. It was good advice. The EP600 would have probably been too much. (My room is approx. 24 x 18 x 9.)

Thanks Axiom for the $1000 prize, the great advice and for making such a terrific sub.