I went into my local Best Buy yesterday just to browse at the large screen TVs. The salesman I met was unusually agressive for a BB, almost as if he was on commission, which they are not. It was the sort of performance one would expect at FS where the 14 year olds are on commission.

He kept pushing me towards a Panasonic Plasma and actually started giving me a lot of reasons why I would not want a LCD/LED. And this was a $1699 plasma and the LCDs were over $2,000 This was the first time I had ever heard a BB salesperson actually trash talk products they sell.

Along with this I have noticed very aggressive advertising and pricing regarding Plasma TVs.

Anyone else experienced this?

Any chance that pending energy conservation legislation is going to leave manufactureres with a lot of Plasmas that may be difficult to sell?

California http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/11/18/terms.said.to.effectively.kill.plasma.tvs.in.ca/

Europe

Ontario

and a last thought.....

Based on his actions I am assuming that TV prices right now are very good as my salesmeister kept trying to push the 'total solution" for me. It includes not only the TV, but:
- Video Cables
- Audio Cables
- Universal Remote including setup
- TV installation, wall mount or stand
- TV Calibration
- Clean power filter
- and the ever popular extended warranty
....at this point it was pretty hard not to break out in laughter but using the "self control" shown here on the forums allowed me to temporarily act like a mature adult.

pretty obvious where the real profit comes from.

So all in all I am left wondering why I am seeing this push on plasma.

getting to 2,000 posts; one year at a time vp160/qs8/qs4/ep350/m60/m2200s