A few off the wall questions. I’m using M22s/VP100 for fronts and some *really* old mini-Advents for the surrounds in a small 13'x14' room. The sub is a very low-end leftover I bought as a package with some satellites.

On a lark I moved my crossover from 80hz down to 60Hz and liked the result. So the basic question is, is going down to a 60 Hz crossover not good for the M22s/VP100? Also, I tend to use this system for music and play it reasonably loud, say 80db. I have a Yamaha which doesn’t allow individual crossovers. So a secondary question is will that hurt my mini-As? I’ve been tempted to get some M2s as a replacement for the surrounds. When I listen to music I’m generally listening in all channel stereo, so the level is the same on the surrounds as the fronts. Will a 60 Hz crossover be bad for the M2s?

And while I’m at it ... can I not read a graph or is the spec Axiom lists for the M22 incorrect? The spec says Freq Resp +/-3dB (Hz): 60 - 20kHz (base SPL 93). But in looking at the graph they’re down to about 86-87 db at 60Hz. It appears that the correct spec would be +/-3dB (Hz): 75 - 20kHz. What gives?