Hi all,

I've been reading posts around the web lately, trying to gather information on possibilities for my home system. It has sort of morphed into an unorthodox set up so am trying to find some creative solutions.

Back in 2006 I ventured into the Axiom world with a nice treat for myself. 4 M80v2s, 1 VP-150, and an EP-350. They are running off a Denon AVR-4306 right now and I have been extremely happy with the purchase since. In the back of my mind I have always been curious about the side effects of running 4 ohm speakers on a receiver specified for 8 ohms, but have seen no issues yet, and I have cranked it quite a few times over the years.

This is where it gets more interesting. I recently came across someone who inherited an Axiom set and just wanted to get rid of it quite cheaply. So I now additionally own more Axiom equipment: 2 M80Tis, 4 QS-8s, and another VP-150. The speakers are in fantastic condition but the grills are a little banged up but not enough to pass on them.

So, this is where I am trying to gather information. One problem I have is placement of all these speakers. I live in a NYC apartment, so space is limited but it's not a shoebox. I think over time I will figure out where to mount and place these speakers. But the larger issue I am trying to sort out is how to power these speakers. One Denon AVR-4306 obviously won't cut it so am now considering dedicated amplifiers, but have never been down that road before. Having these speakers that can handle up to 400 watts each, what kind of powering options should I be considering? I notice that Axiom offers an amplifier. Are these good, other brands to consider? Even the Denon claims 130 watts x 7 into 8 ohms, but what am I really supplying to my speakers now by comparision. Boiled down, what power options should I be thinking about, considering, weighing, reading about?

Any suggestions, thoughts, ideas, and general discussion points are warmly welcomed. Thanks in advance even if you have read this far. :-)

Summary:
M80 v2 4x
M80Ti 2x
QS-8 4x
VP-150 2x

Frank