Hello,

New to the forums, and pre-new Axiom owner (placing order in next couple days for either M22s or M5HPs, on-wall in either case).

I just purchased/moved into a new house, and the prior owners had 5.1 wiring installed in the living room. A couple issues - the room is volumetrically large (18x28x maybe 17' average height vaulted ceiling) and the wiring location only allows for wall mounted speakers with a over-fireplace mounted TV w/ low profile center channel. Also, just before moving, my ancient Onkyo receiver died in a lightning storm.

So far I've mounted the TV using a down-and-out motion mount which includes a bracket for mounting a low profile center (likely to be Paradigm Millenia 20 or 30, though not nailed down yet), and purchased a Denon X3500H (after the home purchase, my budget precluded anything more powerful).

Where I'm now stuck is which front speakers to get. Given the size of the room, my bias is towards the M5HP, however I'm not sure the X3500H is sufficiently powerful to bring out the best in them. And since I'm unable at this point to get anything powerful/large enough to really fill the room, maybe it makes more sense to go with the M22s, and down the line when budget is replenished rotate those to rear duty and buy M5HPs at that time. My rears now are low quality and need to be replaced regardless - would be M3s eventually if I do M5HPs now.

Lastly - for both M22 OWs and M5HP OWs - does anyone have experience mounting these on drywall without a stud, or am I just asking for trouble? The front right has a very inconveniently located stud (prior owners were using a very lightweight HTIB system mounted on the drywall).

Apologies for the lengthy post! Appreciate any insight you guys have. Best,

Ben

Last edited by clearance42; 09/06/19 05:26 PM.