Print Thread
Rate Thread
Connecting to Yamaha 5860 HTR
#111639 09/29/05 12:23 AM
PaulG Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
Hi Everyone! Anyone here have this receiver?
My question is what are your opinions on running this receiver with the M60ti fronts, Vp150 ctr, qs8 side, m3ti rears, 350 sub? If anyone has any tips etc. that will be great especially if you have a similar or same receiver / setup.

Another hopefully worthy question, has anyone experienced playing the qs8 and the center at different resistance levels and is there any difference in sound quality?

BTW My Intro, after reviewing a few sites and this board you guys convinced me to try the Axiom brand and as you can see I did. I live in TO and went up to Dwight yesterday for the first time, it was a long but ok ride north did 260KM from my place in under 2 hours in my wifes little celica gts. After meeting Joe and getting the tour I purchased the set and waited for them to bring it out and man I can tell you> the celica is a great fast little car (raced a 3000GT today and beat him up from 100km to 180km/hr and man did he try and after 180 he started gaining NO KIDDING, but anyway when they brought out all the boxes to the parking area I looked and laughed, this little car is as big as all the boxes when they are put together. We tried about a dozen scenarios before getting them in> this was a job all on it's own> I drove all the way back with the 350 on the passenger seat and touching my windshield and stick shifter with no view of the main or side mirror - Desperate I was looking back

When we were compressing all the boxes in, I asked the guy helping me which models he uses himself for the fronts and he told me the 60s and has them for about five years already with some hard core pounding. I was trying to get an excuse to get the 80s but no one on this board or on location at Axiom has convinced me that they are any better in the bottom line of producing better sound. I do know they go louder but really even the top guy there told me that the only difference will be the higher sound capable of filling gigantic rooms. No difference in sound, damn it! That's not what I wanted to hear although I did not have even a couple of extra inches to spare in the car. For me I much prefer a smaller size in any speaker so this did not help either.

Quick report; haven't stopped listening to them since yesterday night and they are absolutely awesome even from straight out of the box! Which amazes me by itself and the only speaker I have not heard yet is the subwoofer I will pick up a cable for it today. The only suprise is the M3ti which I will use for rears ( I like directional for rear ) the way it was designed to be, anyway these were the only suprise to me in actual size even though I reviewed and expected them to be as per specs they seem much larger in apperance at least.

Oh and no I am not some 20 something maniac who races cars I just miss that stuff sometimes and find excuses for fun and new toys. Early 30s here and so far ok as I like to say!

Wow my first post and I look like one of those guys who likes to talk a lot, we'll stop right here right now. Cheers,

Re: Connecting to Yamaha 5860 HTR
#111640 09/29/05 12:49 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Welcome aboard, partner. Wow you got the whole shebang in one shot, after touring the factory. Not very many in your situation are able to hear them on site and take them home.

Your yamaha will do fine with these speakers, don't worry about a thing. Leave your ohm setting to 8 for all speakers, calibrate your speaker levels and enjoy.

*Michael*
AV123 Refugee - X-LS Encore, X-Voce, X-Omnis, Elt-Dpa's
Denon AVR-591
Magnavox NB500MGX BDP

#111641 09/29/05 12:54 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Welcome to the Axiom family! Enjoy your music and movies, and please let us know your impressions.

Axiom M60s, QS4s, VP100 Onkyo TX-SR804 Oppo 970HD Rotel RB-1080/RCD-1072 REL Q150E sub, PS 3
#111642 09/29/05 02:24 PM
L
connoisseur
connoisseur
L
You actually got a pair of M60s INSIDE of a Celica. I am indeed impressed. Are you a magician?

#111643 09/29/05 02:57 PM
aficionado
aficionado
yeah, no lie! i'd bet you couldn't even get a circus clown in there with all that stuff!

Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044