So i have my theatre all setup downstairs now with an M3 mounted above and below the screen.

As I was watching some dvd movies and stuff I noticed that the dialog has a large emphasis sound at certain frequency's in the vocal range. It was getting quite annoying to me. When sitting off axis about 3 feet it was not as noticable when sitting in the sweet spot.

Is this a result of using M3s instead of M2s? or is this simply a room response problem that wouldn't be fixed with the use of an M2? I can say that this problem did not arrise when I had my speakers really far from the wall upstairs, none of the frequencies were really "pronouned", they were all even.

I think the proximity to the wall behind the speakers is having a big impact on the frequency response. And if that is the case, the M2s would be similar in performance would they not?

A part of me is wanting to exchange for the M2s (if Axiom would let me) just to see if that actually IS the problem.

Not really sure what to do about this, my wife would most certainly kill me if I told her that I wanted to exchange some of my speakers for some other ones.

I guess one of my other options would be to use the M3s upstairs, mount the M22s horizontally below and above the screen (sorry JohnK), and buy some M60s for the mains...that would avoid the whole "exchange" problem .

Any advise would be appreciated greatly, this vocal thing is driving my nutso.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com