Originally Posted by rrlev
Originally Posted by casey01
I will, hopefully,l put your mind at ease.
That's what I needed to know ... Thanks

Originally Posted by casey01
Two weeks ago, I took delivery of my "dream" monitor, a 77" LG 2020 CX OLED
Congrats on the CX 77". Unfortunately, I'm going to have a slightly lower budget .... It seems that the 65" is the sweet spot for screen size/$ at the moment. Also my understanding is that there is little picture difference between the C8, C9, and CX. It's mainly processor speed, the interface, and I believe the C9 & CX have the newer HDMI standard. So, I may go with an older model if it makes $ sense ... we will see ...still trying to figure it out ...

Yep, I don't know how many C8s are left, however, if you want to "future proof"yourself the C9 or CX would be probably be the better choice anyway. Interestingly enough, even though the CX has the Alpha 9 gen. 3 processor as opposed to Gen 2 in the C9, in most cases you will find the CX is actually a little bit cheaper than even the C9. If you look on line, some of the gamers got their "shorts in a knot" because when someone was digging deeper about the 2.1HDMI spec., apparently LG didn't disclose that they chose to slightly cut the CX 48GHz bandwidth to 40GHz which, when investigating further is "theoretically", in gaming performance, only an issue if one is dealing with 12 bit panels of which there are none and won't be for the foreseeable future. As a result, some of these gamer fanatics have bypassed the CX and gone out to buy the now previous generation C9 which has kept their price up, hence, in many cases the newer model being less costly. When I started to look around, in some cases the 77 "C9 was actually several hundred dollars more than the CX! Crazy. All, of this is a total red herring, regardless of what some of these people on the internet claim.

Anyway, other than a couple of issues, when it comes to video, movies, streaming, etc. the C9 and CX are pretty much the same in features and performance, good luck! Great televisions and superb picture.