Thread Like Summary
brendo, Mojo
Original Post (Thread Starter)
In Search of Increased Dynamics #437511 07/26/2020 10:53 PM
by 2x6spds
2x6spds
I love the combination of the Line Magnetic Premium 845 integrated amplifier and the Harbeth Anniversary 30.2 speakers. I was listening to some Wilson Yvettes driven by a pair of BAT monoblocks and BAT VK33SE preamp, and the dynamics were certainly superior to my system's.

So, I picked up a BAT VK33. I only have a few hours on this critter (tubes really do break in) but out of the box it has taken the system to a significantly higher level. Bloom, air, dynamics all improved. I listened to Stevie Ray Vaughn, The Sky Is Falling and near jumped at the intro. Listened to some Beatles from the remastered vinyl set, Michelle, Eleanor Rigby, Yesterday it was beautiful.

Ludovico Einaudi's haunting works were great to hear. Dean Martin's Dream with Dean, Getz Gilberto's Girl from Ipanema were right up there with the best I've ever heard them.

Anyway, the upgrade affliction is now at bay for a bit.

Hope you all are having a great Sunday.
Liked Replies
Re: In Search of Increased Dynamics #437512 Jul 26th a 11:50 PM
by aaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
You ever think about building a room and setting it up as a reference listening space professionally? Might be worth looking into. You can afford it and there are very talented design people in Cali.

Every other month you drop a few K on the hobby. You totally deserve a good room as a canvas to play in. smile. To be fair your room may sound great.... but I betcha your gear is not your bottleneck.

Great dynamics means a clear separation between the range of sounds near the noise floor of your room to the extent of human hearing of over 100db. The best thing you can do to improve dynamic range is lower the average room noise floor of your room by decreasing decay times.

Getting loud cleanly is relatively easy. Getting back to quiet quickly and in a controlled way should be as equally important. It is cheaper and easier on your hearing too! smile
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,464
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
2 members (chapin99, Cork), 195 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup