Thread Like Summary
Mojo
Original Post (Thread Starter)
SVS 2000 vs EP 600 - Head to Head #437982 09/02/2020 3:02 AM
by Rebulx
Rebulx
As someone who reads a lot of reviews before buying, I felt it necessary to write this.

So maybe this is not a fair comparison, SVS-2000 vs EP600, as the EP-600 costs a bit more, but it's what I have to compare. I've read many outstanding reviews about the SVS-2000 and I was sold, picked one up last year. Initially I thought it was good, but I found myself missing my old EP350. Didn't know why. Chucked it up to my EP350 being my first love. Well, fast forward a year later and I had a little extra fun money laying around and it got me thinking, time to rekindle that romance? I went to purchase the EP500 and found myself (after a few drinks) buying the EP600. Not sure why, but why not, right?

Well, this morning it arrived. I've spent the last 6 hours listening to various types of music and movie scenes. At first I was switching between the two subs, then playing them at the same time. I'm shocked at the difference. I thought I must of been crazy, thinking my old sub was so much better, but now I've realized that, yeah I'm probably crazy, BUT, there is no doubt the EP600 sounds incredibly better than the SVS-2000. How? The SVS has a very punchy, get to the point sound. The EP600 is so much smoother. It's goes very very deep and fills the entire room. My wife is loving the new sub, as she puts it, "it's not so messy like the other one." If you've listened to both of them side by side that would make sense. The SVS pounds quick and fast and hard, a sound that leaves you expecting more. It's unpleasant, especially after you've listened to the EP600.

To put it quite simply it's just plain fun to add the EP600 to your system. I've been rewatching so many great youtube movie clips and orchestra videos. Thanks Axiom!
Liked Replies
Re: SVS 2000 vs EP 600 - Head to Head #438039 Sep 5th a 02:14 AM
by Rebulx
Rebulx
So after a few days of listening to the EP600 I need to update my review. I've been been turning the 2000 and 600 off and on, listening to them by themselves and together. To keep things fair, I move them to the same position....which is quite the work out! I have a helper! Although the hard work has paid off, as I accidentally found a new spot that plays much better than any other. I was a little concerned after ordering this speaker and reading the hype around the SVS subs. But a 30 day guarantee put my wife at ease. A 600 isn't cheap. After all the tests I've never felt better about the purchase. It's without question the best speaker I've ever purchased. I had a friend over who loves klipsch & SVS speakers, well he's on the Axiom band wagon now. The 600 just completely fills the room with deep sound. It sounds amazing where it counts. It produces a lot of the lower mids you wouldn't expect to see a sub play. I think that may be the big differentiator. It's not just a deep thumper (like other big subs), it assists all the other speakers in your room. Turning it off and relying on just the 2000 changes everything, it's an "OK I get it now" moment. Turning the 600 back on is so much fun. This is tough to articulate, all I can say is the EP600 will be in my family for many years!

Mojo, i've not played with any settings yet. I've been keeping things flat as I compare woofers. Standard settings on receiver and amps. I plan on flicking that switch tomorrow...not sure whats going to happen! Yeah, this is a fun toy!
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441