Thread Like Summary
aaaaaaaaaaaaa, Mojo
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Oh No! I've Done It Again! #439502 11/06/2020 2:58 AM
by 2x6spds
2x6spds
I could pay a shrink for help, and he could cure me of my audio obsession, but then, he would have the money for new audio equipment. How is that an improvement for my condition?

So, I love my Harbeths. They are the best sounding stand mount speakers I've ever had in any of my systems, and I have a few.

A word about my main 2 channel, because, yes, I love talking about it. I got a pair of BAT VK56 monoblock tube amps and the BAT VK53 preamp. (Feikhert Woodpecker turntable, Koetsu Black Goldline cartridge, Marantz SA10 disc player, Goldnote DS10 streamer DAC with power supply, and my prize, a pristine TASCAM 32-2 Reel to Reel)

This system sounds incredible, but ... bass is great in room, but not great enough. I tried a pair of EP500s, which improved the bass, but seemed to detract from the divine midrange. So, I took them out.

So, backtrack, I ordered a Bottlehead tube preamp for the reel to reel last month. It should arrive in December. Exhausted my discretionary disposable, but then an opportunity came along that I could not resist.

A pair of Marten Django L floor standers, demo pair, at a terrific price. I have to go to the bank, and then at 11 AM, the Martens should arrive. If they are everything I hope, I will sell the Harbeths. If they disappoint, I will sell the Martens.

I will report back.
Liked Replies
Re: Oh No! I've Done It Again! #439570 Nov 9th a 03:57 AM
by rrlev
rrlev
Bridgeman, that third paragraph is an amazing statement to me. If you swapped “Republican” and “Democrat“ It would be something I’d say.

Trump in my view is a con man and there is only one thing he believes in ... how to enrich himself. He’ll tell you (make up) anything if he thinks it would help him. The more he insists it’s true, the more times he repeats it, the more people question the facts even when they are right in front of them.

As far as saying things that need to be said ... nothing is black and white ... It’s complex and what looks like easy and obvious solutions often makes things worse. Which is what politicians have been peddling for many decades now, as sound bites (Often with ulterior motives) not true solutions get them elected. This is a way longer discussion then we can do here ...
2 members like this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441