Thread Like Summary
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Original Post (Thread Starter)
FMB Mounting Tips #442779 07/04/2021 12:35 PM
by aaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Recently, I had the opportunity to use the FMB mounts in a deck install and have several others to install in the coming weeks. I thought it would be a good opportunity to give a little feedback on the design and a couple tips for those looking to use these as a match to Axiom products.

The FMB appear to be cast from an alloy of sorts, but I wouldn't say they are cheap diecast or pot metal. They are fairly lightweight and flex when under load slightly. I was a little worried about wind being an issue, but a few tugs on the mount set my mind at ease.

The FMB mount is able to be separated into 3 sections, the wall bracket, the horizontal gimbal and the vertical gimbal. Each gimbal is serrated with teeth at roughly 5 degree intervals and bolt into others with Allen head fasteners. Allen keys are provided. Gimbal pivot points allow some fine tuning once the mount is on the wall with its occupant.

Space is tight once these mounts have speakers on them, so here is how I approached them for a smooth install. A second set of hands is recommended if using these brackets on a ceiling. They aren't a speedy mission, so approaching in haste or hurry may result in frayed nerves.

Tips for install process:
1-Seperate the gimbal section from the wall bracket first.
2-Mount the gimbal section to the back of the speaker. I added a lock washer.
3-Mount the bracket to the wall. I used the supplied wedge facing down on top screw point. Highly recommended if mounting on siding.
4-Set a step ladder next to the wall bracket and set the speaker on top.
5-Terminate the speaker wire into the speaker. Apply anti-oxidant compound if outdoors and snug with pliers gently.
6-Mount the gimbal section knuckle into the mounting bracket and secure with Allen bolt.
7-Loosen Allen screws at knuckle gimbals and aim as desired. Snug back up with Allen hey and pliers once finished.

Done!

Here is the working space to deal with on these brackets. About 2 1/2". Prep first to not curse later. laugh

Cheers! Pretty basic, but if unboxing vids exist why shouldn't this? lol.

[Linked Image from imgur.com]
Liked Replies
Re: FMB Mounting Tips #442784 Jul 5th a 01:23 AM
by rrlev
rrlev
Actually it's a bit easier if you separate the FMB at the side to side movement section.
Now you can just screw the wall side where you want it. Mount the other side to the speaker. Wire it on the latter (just as you said) and then slide the peices together. Gravity will hold it there no fuss (even if the mount is pointing only slightly up) while you screw it back together.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
1 member likes this
Re: FMB Mounting Tips #442823 Jul 10th a 04:58 AM
by rrlev
rrlev
Originally Posted by chesseroo
I'm still waiting for the video...
You just want to see me fall off the latter while doing the balancing dance with a heavy speaker crazy
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441