Thread Like Summary
aaaaaaaaaaaaa, Kodiak, Mojo
Original Post (Thread Starter)
replaced my O2 headphone amp #442888 07/21/2021 12:31 AM
by rrlev
rrlev
My O2 amp is a bit marginal with the 300ohm HD650s ... not bad but I need push the volume knob close to max when I crank the 650 ... so every so often I think about getting something better ...

A week ago I was looking at the DAC and headphone amp ratings at Audio Science Review. I noticed that Amirm gave high marks to the JDS Labs Atom Amp+ and Atom DAC+. At $110us each these were damn inexpensive compared to most of the others they were ranked with.

Two things stood out:
1st - Amirm is petty tough ... if he rates anything highly you know it's good.
2nd - was JDS Labs ... I bought my O2 amp from them and they are a great outfit, made in the US, and they stand by their stuff.

So, I ordered the Atom Amp and then a what the hell moment hit me ... and added the Atom DAC+ as well.

I've only been using them for a few hours and have not tried to compare them to the old setup ... but my impression is simply this: Why did I wait so long ... money well spent.
Liked Replies
Re: replaced my O2 headphone amp #443637 Sep 28th a 07:44 PM
by rrlev
rrlev
Originally Posted by Mojo
That's why I don't headphone.

Mojo, for a guy who likes to be front and center ... headphones can put you at the center of everything ... Master of the Universe in your own head, a legend in your own mind, the sex god of sonic bliss... now how can ya turn that down?? smile

As for me ...
I'm really looking to close out the world, concentrate on what I'm doing, and do it with something that sounds great! So, when on the computer (often when programming, doing finance stuff, or even goofing off writing silly stuff in some nutty speaker manufacture forum) it's nice to have a pair of phones. I can ignore/trade-off zero depth because my focus is else where ... just enjoy the music ...
1 member likes this
Re: replaced my O2 headphone amp #446846 Dec 6th a 03:52 PM
by Kodiak
Kodiak
I’ll need 2 of those. One for each headphone channel.
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,353 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup