Thread Like Summary
alexend
Original Post (Thread Starter)
M22 mounted on the side - ok or bad? #443332 08/29/2021 2:50 PM
by alexend
alexend
Hi all,

I have a pair of M22 that I would like to use as back surround in my basement and mount them on the joist (ceiling is open), with axiom standard mount or under the joist, using the axiom ceiling mount and putting them of the side.

The advantage of having them on the side would be that they won’t obstruct to much when heads are passing under them, but since they are not ment to be on the side, would that be a no-no?

If I mount them vertically, they would obviously have to be avoided when passing by… so not that great and hazardous.

I could also just leave them on their stand on the floor but one of them is right in the passage and has to be moved in and out of the way before and after movies watching.

What do you guys think about side mounting M22?

Thank you

Alexandre
Liked Replies
Re: M22 mounted on the side - ok or bad? #443333 Aug 29th a 03:33 PM
by Mojo
Mojo
You ought to experiment with side-mounting. With tweeters pointed out, the rears may sound wider with a more diffuse presentation. With tweeters pointed in, the rear image may be more in focus.
1 member likes this
Re: M22 mounted on the side - ok or bad? #443338 Aug 29th a 11:31 PM
by rrlev
rrlev
I originally ordered my M3s with inserts to mount them on FMCBs. At the time I envisioned them as hanging from the ceiling upright. What I found out later was that they needed to be mounted on their side when hung by FMCBs.

So, I asked Debbie the tweeters inside/outside question … she gave the same answer as Mojo … Try both
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 740 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup