Thread Like Summary
Kodiak
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Andrew's Mean Audio Video #443679 10/04/2021 10:08 PM
by 2x6spds
2x6spds
Hello Andrew

Yes, I have noticed how mean some audio posters are. There seem to be a coven of Axiom haters on various audiophile sites who whenever anyone posts something positive about Axiom speakers attack Axiom and the person who likes Axiom products. They come in ones and in groups. I defended Axiom for quite a while but decided to leave those sites.

You ask why? I think there are many reasons, but first among them, IMO, is they know too much. In fact, as to audio, they know everything, and, by the way, if you disagree, you are an ignorant deaf guy. Whether objectivists or subjectivists, they are utterly intolerant of opposing opinions. Sort of like politics.

We have had our share of this behavior on Axiom's forum and have lost some very valuable participants.

Thanks Andrew for your video. Too true!
Liked Replies
Re: Andrew's Mean Audio Video #443686 Oct 5th a 09:42 PM
by aaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
I dont think audiophiles are more or less mean than anyone else or other hobby. Online audiophiles however……

Past a certain level people are so invested in their setup, and the rationale of how they got there, that it almost becomes a competition for them. No one else can measure up. People with questions about it are silly or worse heretical. To gently oppose them is a prelude to war.

Anything online at the hyper niche level gets this way. High end audiophiles, especially online, tend to be loners seeking validation through proving themselves or disproving others. Their life tends to revolve around it, and the hobby itself becomes secondary. AVS is brutal for this.

This is the same for any hobby. Super niche hobbyists with little compromise in their goals tends to compromise everything else. Like manners or self reflection.
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,478
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,377 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup